Sunday, July 29, 2007

Week One- Cambridge College Goals

There are so many emotions that I feel about beginning the Masters of Management Program at Cambridge College- among them are nervous, uncertain, challedged, focused, prepared- but most of all EXCITED!!! I feel as though this program is a bridge to where I am now and where/ who I am destined to be. I know the potential lives in me but I have yet to achieve to the fullest. Since graduating 4 years ago, I have yet to overcome the hump of attaining a position higher than an entry-level administrative.
By earning this masters degree, I hope to obtain a steady managerial position at a prestigious company where I can gain experience, develop stronger managerial and leadership skills, and maintain longevity within the company. I believe that the practical learning styles and supportive helpful environment at Cambridge College will help me achieve these goals. The classroom provides a platform for trial and error to better prepare our managerial skills for the workforce. The college's supportive environment provides a friendly, respectful atmosphere where all students can feel comfortable to share their work experiences and concerns with one another while learning from them at the same time.
While attending the program's orientation, I also realized that being apart of this program would serve as a great networking tool since many of the students already obtained managerial positions at great companies. Because so many students already possess these positions, we can learn from the expertise as well. I would like this degree to help me better manage my own business called Nu Essence Boutique and my parents laundry mat as well. Ultimately, I hope that my experience at CC will help me to possess the adequate skills to become an effective manger in the workplace and a leader in life. I plan to use this degree as a stepping stone to fulfill my destiny to become a greater leader in many different avenues.

No comments: