Sunday, July 29, 2007

Week Two- Desrosier Reaction

I think this class was PHENOMENAL!!! It exceeded my expectation more than I ever thought it would. This speaker did not only motivate and talk about time management, he spoke about life, being a world changer, about you getting more from your time as opposed to time running out or time being sucked away from you. He said so many insightful things that I am fearful that I will forget some of it and I want to retain ALL OF IT! It's like that Boys to Men song says-It's like food for my soul. It was also so very inspiring to see a white man honor a black woman (Oprah Winfrey). All I have to say is that even if other people in the class did not understand or get him- I got him!!!
I feel like he and I had a connection and not in a sexual way but in a purposeful I know I am a leader that going to make a difference kind of way! I am in awe of him- Excellent excellent teacher- He is definitely a world changer and I value the helpful tidbits and nuggets that he provided. If I ever before felt skeptical about if I was in the right school, program, place- I do not anymore. Jim Desrosiers has made me realize that it is not where you attend school but how you utilized what you have learned. He has helped me finish the sentences that I did not know how to finish, those that were incomplete. He has helped me to put the appropriate punctuation at the end. For that I am very grateful. I want to keep this spark alive and not lose anything that I have learned and gained tonight because it is by far a cherishable present. I know that God has brought this speaker as another piece of a puzzle in my life. Thanks God- good looking out!!!!

No comments: