Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Week Four- Creepy Crawling!!!!

I think it was great we go to hear the speaker from Google, Dan Crawl. It was a great unique way to learn-taking a field trip!!! It gave us the opportunity to be exposed to an expert in the technology field, something we are not normally exposed to. Even though I consider myself technology challenged, it was good to have access to someone who has so much knowledge in the field. Attending this event most likely gave us a pertinent advantage on knowing how to get more exposure to our websites. Since most of the time I was a bit loss or clueless to what the speaker was talking about and the questions that were being asked by the audience, I thought it would be best to start a mini technology dictionary for words I did not know (ex. Portal, Metacafe, Flash, Java). I figured that even though I may not know everything now, it will all come together gradually. Overall I think the class benefited from the trip by being exposed to so much computer knowledge.

No comments: